Our primary mission is to fill a need for affordable, sustainable commercial space near the heart of Chicago. To accomplish this, we are preserving the 30+yrs of energy stored in an historic, non-duplicable 1915, post and beam building, recycling the majority of its interior content, and deploying practical, cutting edge technology that enhances livability and minimizes energy usage.
Our secondary mission is to provide a living laboratory for evolving sustainable technology and a blueprint for future private development, in a community of like minded businesses that collaborate on ideas and services.
01. Preserve an historic building
02. Explore ways to reuse, rather than destroy, existing building stock
03. Conserve the 30+ years of energy invested in the existing structure
04. Provide a reasonable return on investment
05. Provide competitively priced space for environmentally responsible businesses
06. Provide a laboratory for evolving green technology
07. Build a community of like-minded businesses
08. Provide and encourage collaboration of ideas and services
09. Provide a blueprint for future development
10. Embrace cutting edge technology whenever it can be practical to employ